By the M365 team
Everyone deserves to feel safe online. Protecting your personal data and devices is more difficult than ever today. Increase in malicious threats, increase in time spent online, and connection of many personal devices can make us vulnerable. It’s time for online security that offers simplified and effective protection, wherever you are.
For this reason, we’re excited to announce the general availability of Microsoft Defender for Home.1 – a new safety app designed to keep individuals and families safe online. Available to Microsoft 365 Personal and Family subscribers starting today, Microsoft Defender helps simplify your online safety with a unified view of protections for your whole family, on their phones and home computers.2.
Microsoft Defender joins our full suite of security products and services as the newest member of our Microsoft Defender and Microsoft 365 family of products you use today, delivering a dedicated online security solution.
This solution extends the protection already built into Windows Security beyond your PC to your Mac, iOS and Android devices.3. With Microsoft Defender, you can easily manage your online security through a centralized view, with reliable protection against malware3 for you and your family. Stay safe online with real-time notifications and safety tips4 and recommended steps. Microsoft Defender is a simplified security tool that helps you wherever you are.
If you’re not already a Microsoft 365 Personal or Family subscriber, now is a great time to get started. In addition to Microsoft Defender, both subscriptions include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, with premium features and offline access. With Microsoft 365 Family, each person gets their own OneDrive 1TB cloud storage with advanced security features, plus access to other premium features in the Microsoft Family Safety mobile app5 is very more.
We are proud to take this step towards our continued commitment to keeping everyone safe. Introducing Microsoft Defender is just the start of our journey to help you and your family comprehensively protect your digital life with technology you can trust. We will bring new features and experiences to the app over time. You can learn more about Microsoft Defender by reading the blog post from Vasu Jakkal.
- The app requires a Microsoft 365 Family or Personal subscription and is available as a separate download.
- It’s available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS in select Microsoft 365 Home or Personal billing regions.
- The new malware protection is not available where such protections already exist on iOS and Windows.
- Security tips are only available on Windows and macOS.
- Microsoft 365 Family subscription unlocks location alerts and driving safety features in the mobile app. Location permissions must be active to receive alerts. Driving Safety is only available in the following countries: USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Spain, Germany, Mexico, Poland, Italy, Switzerland, Brazil and Belgium.